10:30 – I have been reading now for a couple of hours. I’m almost finished with my first book. I took a time out to go to my weight watchers meeting and run to the store, but now I’m settling in for the rest of the day.
Here is my introduction meme:
Where are you reading from today?
- In my bedroom in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 facts about me …
- I have three children
- I’m a writer
- My favorite food is chocolate
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
- I have 9 books in my TBR pile for today!
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
- I’m just trying to get through the ARCs I need to read for review!
11:20 – Finished first book – Gorgeous as Sin by Susan Johnson. It was okay, but a little too much sex for me. I’m giving away a copy of this book (and 7 others) today. The winners will be picked from the comments and posted tomorrow afternoon. (You must check back to see if you won, I won’t be sending out emails!)
12:10 – I won a prize! WhooHoo! I have started my second book, No Limits by Alison Kent. I’m only 50 pages in, but so far it’s great! I will probably stop for lunch soon and take a little break. The hubby is taking the kids to Sams, so it will be quiet in the house for awhile. Sometimes it is really hard to read with the kids at home, even if they are doing other things and I’m in my room. Their little voices travel, lol.
1:15 – Finished lunch and put a load of laundry in the washer. I seriously thought about not doing any housework today, but I don’t want to have a lot to do tomorrow when I’m tired. Still reading No Limits and loving it!! I’m going to take a little walk for this hours challenge, then get back to reading!! Remember to comment so that you will be entered to win a book!!
Pictures from my walk:
Now back to reading!!
2:22 – I’m not reading for the next hour or so. The children need some Mommy time before nap time! But, before I go, here are the answers to the library mini-challenge:
- What is the name of your local library? What city is it located in? – My library is the Broken Arrow Main Library located in Broken Arrow. I also go to Hardesty Regional Library in Tulsa.
- How often do you go to the library? If you’re a regular, do the staff know you? I go to the library AT LEAST once a week, but it is usually two or three times. Yes, the staff knows me and the kiddos!
- Do you browse while you’re there or just pick up items you have placed on reserve? I browse a little (mainly in the children’s section) and then pick up the things I have on hold.
- What is your favorite thing about your local library – My favorite thing is the staff. They are always willing to help me find something and don’t laugh when I make my husband pick up romance novels with the “bodice-ripper” covers!
3:38 – I took a little break to get some more housework and play with the boy. He has taught himself how to take pictures with the web cam and burn them to disk, so he’s been having me look at all his pictures on the 10 different discs his dad let him have. Now to more reading!!
5:21 – Time to make dinner for the family. I’m now reading TAILS OF LOVE, an anthology with lots of little stories. It is going really fast and is a fantastic read. A portion of the profits from the book will benefit the Animal Adoption Foundation.
7:32 – Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? Tails of Love – an anthology by a bunch of different authors including Lori Foster
2. How many books have you read so far? 2
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? In Over Her Head by Judi Fennell
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I didn’t free up my whole day. Hubby was home until 2, but since then I’ve had to put my mommy hat on. Now I have 2 in bed and 1 watching TV, so it’s time to start reading again.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Tons of interruptions. Just let them interrupt, lol.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How tired the reading is making me. I usually read for 3 hours or so every night before I start to feel sleepy. This extended reading is wearing my brain out.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?Not really – this has been a lot of fun!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Try to get hubby to take the whole weekend off. He’s off tomorrow, so that I can sleep.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes, but I think it’s all in my mind. I’m never tired this early.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nope
10:13pm – I had to take out my contacts and put on the super purple glasses. (I would post a pic, but my hair is scary). My two boys won’t go to sleep, so I’m still not reading without interruptions, but I’m about to go threaten to take away tomorrows trip to the Children’s Museum if they don’t go to bed. The girl is fast asleep after reading her own book – too cute. I’m still reading TAILS OF LOVE, but not loving it as much as I was earlier. The Lori Foster story has been the best so far. All day today I’ve been listening to slow, soft music (Josh Groban, Idina Menzel). but I think it might be time to listen to something a little louder and maybe dance around a little bit. I’ll post again in an hour or two!!
12:46 – I’m still reading. We had a HUGE thunder storm and all three kids ended up in bed with me. Now, I have one still awake, eating popcorn and watching Spongebob. I’m still reading TAILS OF LOVE, but only have about 20 pages left. One of the stories made me cry. I really want to start my next book – IN OVER HER HEAD by Judi Fennell. Hopefully before 1:30am!! I’m going to try and make it as long as possible, but probably won’t make it through the whole 24 hours.