For the first time since 2011 I am free during a read-a-thon weekend! I started reading right when I woke up this morning, but this is my first time at the computer to update 🙂
I love the read-a-thon. It is the perfect excuse to do nothing for the whole weekend, but lay around and read. This year my 7-year-old is going to read with me (in between playing outside with his new water gun and riding his bike). With my writing stuff taking off I haven’t spent as much time reading lately as I would like so this is the perfect time to catch up on all the books that I have saved to my kindle! This morning I already finished LETTING GO by Maya Banks and up next is STOLEN KISS FROM A PRINCE by Teresa Carpenter.
Another thing I love about Dewey’s Read-a-Thon are the memes! I’m going to play catch up and then hopefully stay on track for the rest of the day.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Oklahoma
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? THE SCANDALOUS ADVENTURES OF THE SISTER OF THE BRIDE by Victoria Alexander
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The peanut butter cookies I plan to make during a break this afternoon
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Mother of 3, writer (just signed my 1st contract), stress baker, and avid reader
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I plan to take a nap this afternoon so I can stay up later tonight 🙂
HOUR 5 UPDATE:
Total books read: 1
I’m halfway through book number two. I took a break for some kid time and now I’m back to reading! The plan is to read for the next hour or two without taking another break 🙂
HOUR 8.5 UPDATE:
Total books read: 2
Finished book number two and started number three. Number three is a novella, WOO’D IN HASTE by Sabrina Darby, so I should get through it pretty quickly. I took another quick break with the kids – they were having a water gun fight in the back yard and I had to get in the middle of all the giggles – and lunch. I’m back in my comfy reading spot with a big glass of iced tea and a banana (I’m saving the cookies for later). I’ll update again in a couple of hours!
HOUR 11 UPDATE:
Total books read: 3
I finished another book and started number four – PERFECT 10 by Erin McCarthy. I may have drifted off to sleep for a thirty minute power nap in the middle of book three, but now I can read for several more hours.
I’m going to take a break to make/eat dinner with the family and then get back to my books!
HOUR 13 UPDATE:
Total books read: 4
Another book down! I will admit that I picked books that are on the shorter side so that I could get through several in one day, because I know that if I started a long book then I am more likely to fall asleep 🙂 The rest of the family is watching a movie so I get another few hours of uninterrupted time. I think it is time for a bubble bath with my kindle and a glass of wine. Next up is BECOMING THE PRINCE’S WIFE by Rebecca Winters.
1. What are you reading right now? BECOMING THE PRINCE’S WIFE
2. How many books have you read so far? 4
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Not sure – I keep changing my mind on what I’m going to read next.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, luckily this is a soccer free weekend for my kids so we didn’t have to go anywhere all day (a very rare occurrence!)
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Just kid stuff and I stop and do whatever they need me for – it’s what Moms do 🙂
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Nothing!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? More snacks 🙂
9. Are you getting tired yet? No
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? No
HOUR 17 UPDATE:
Total books read: 4
Still working on book number 5. I took a break to get the kids in bed and spend a little bit of time with my husband. Now it’s back to reading, but honestly I’m getting sleepy.
HOUR 20 UPDATE:
Total books read: 6
I finished BECOMING THE PRINCE’S WIFE and HER IRRESISTIBLE PROTECTOR by Michelle Douglas. I thought about starting another book, but instead I’m going to bed. I read a total of 1351 pages today and my eyes are tired! Today was a lot of fun and I loved all of the books that I read. I hope that I have a free weekend the next time Read-a-Thon comes around and I can do this again.