I just got home from our family vacation. This year we took the kids on a cruise and spent a little extra time in Puerto Rico. It was the perfect end to our summer. (School starts this week!)
When I go on vacation I always have amazing plans for all the books I’m going to read. I stock my kindle with new titles and a few old favorites. I’m never able to read all of what I bring, but I want to be prepared.
This year I read one new book (Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn) and then did a massive reread of the Brown Sibling and Delicious series by Lauren Dane.
I took a break from the news, twitter, Facebook (sort-of) and indulged in the familiar world of the Brown siblings in all their yummy goodness. LAID BARE is one of my favorite books ever. I’ve read it at least four times and cry every time (both happy and sad tears). In total I read six Lauren Dane books on this vacation!
Does your family take a summer vacation? Where do you like to go? (I’m already trying to convince my husband that we should go to Europe next year.)
I’m making my first Easter lunch this year – ham, twice baked potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, and pig cake. In the past we’ve either gone to my grandparents or to my in-laws house. My mother-in-law passed away in October and we couldn’t get away for the weekend because of soccer. So, lunch is at our house. I made it to almost 37 without having to cook a big holiday meal. I guess it’s time.
I was worried that the kids were going to be “too old” to do the whole dying eggs and having an Easter egg hunt thing, but they all loved every bit of it (even the teenager). It reminded me of when they were toddlers – except with a lot more competition.
After taking a year off from blogging and writing I am back. I have settled into my office and will start a new book sometime in the next week. I’m going to start doing book reviews again too. I miss posting about what I love (and hate). There will also be other kinds of posts about things I love – movies, television shows, websites, obsessions, etc. I can’t wait to start interacting with the book blogging world again! My first “official” post will be Monday, April 17th.
Ugh – today started off rocky. My oldest kid’s bus was over thirty minutes late and it was raining. I finally got a hold of the bus barn and the kids got picked up. Then tragedy struck! I ran out of coffee creamer before I even made one cup of coffee. It’s hard to get three kids ready for school on a rainy Monday morning without coffee. So, instead of posting my goals for the week (which is my plan for Monday’s blog post, although I haven’t done a great job of keeping up with it) I’m going to post 5 things I’m grateful for this morning to remind myself that even to be happy even on icky mornings with no coffee.
- All three of my kids are healthy enough to go to school – even if we have to wait in the rain for a bus that’s late 🙂
- My wonderful husband promised to buy coffee creamer on his way home from work so that I don’t have to get out on the one day there isn’t a kid related reason for me to leave the house.
- The words are flowing.
- I have a new episode of Doctor Who to watch once I hit my word count for the day.
- I have a new USB drive and it is Olaf from Frozen (Olaf is replacing Wonder Woman who is finally full!)
Today’s Random Thoughts:
- Monday is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week. Now that all three kids are riding the bus and we don’t have soccer practice or school activities at night, I don’t have to leave the house for the entire day!
- I will be chained to my computer finishing first round edits on MAKE ME A MATCH today and starting (hopefully) the first draft of PRINCE OF HEARTS. I love starting a new book. This time I’m even more excited, because there is a lot of world building with a fictional country and monarchy.
- I’m also starting a new exercise program today – so tomorrow I might not be able to move. After my foot surgeries in March and June I gained some weight and I’m finally cleared to exercise. I’m going to give PIYO a try. I have several friends that love it and supposedly it is very low impact.
- This week’s goal is to blog every week day and I picked themes so that I would have an easier time writing something…so far it’s working 🙂